Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's getting closer.....

Just a little update on what has been going on in
my life lately....

My mom and I got everything out tonight to see exactly what we had for the wedding and I decided to take some pictures so Jason could take a peek :o)

The first few are some of our invitations, napkins and centerpieces. Oh, and our cake cutters too. I don't know if you can tell, but those are seashells at the top of the napkins and invitations! I ordered them both online, and am very pleased with how they turned out!

This next group of pictures are pictures of our candy for our Candy Buffet. I'm really excited to see that its all finally coming together. We have had a TIME trying to find candy in the colors that we wanted to use. I know I could use any colors I want, but I wanted to stick to our colors.....didn't realize how tough it was going to be! Come to find out, you give my Granny a job, and she goes all out! Thank God for Granny! I was a little worried because all of the "Pool" colored candy was a little different, they weren't all the exact same, but when we put them all out together they looked really good! We still have a few more things to get but most of it is finished for the candy buffet!
So far we have:
Blue & Pink Hershey Kisses
Blue & Pink M & M's
Blue & Pink Tootsie Rolls
Blue & Pink Hershey Kissables
Pink York Peppermint Patties
Blue & Pink Suckers
Granny bought TWENTY bags of the assorted Tootsie Rolls, and we got together tonight and picked all of the blue & pink ones out...we will do the same with the Kissables when it is closer to the wedding, we don't want them to go bad. Also, I found the cute suckers today and love them!


Here are the suckers. We have to find a way to 'hide' the sticks--I don't like the way it looks! Maybe put some tissue paper in the vase around them or something?


















Here are the Tootsie Rolls AFTER we separated them...and a little vase we may use on the table to put some flowers in or something. Also, I think we may tie some ribbon around the vases. The colors aren't separated in the pictures, but for the wedding they will be separated--NOT mixed!


I also mentioned in my last post that we had hired two violinists for the ceremony. I'm extremely excited about this, and to make it even better they have offered to learn not one but TWO songs. I already have one picked out, but still haven't decided on the other...we will see!


Well, off to do some homework for my stupid online class, which by the way I will be finished with on Tuesday, WHOO HOO!!!


Feel free to give input, or ideas--this girl isn't too creative :o)


By the way--today is mine & Jason's 'other' 1 year anniversary--one year since he asked me to be his girlfriend..actually he didn't ask me-he told me that "I think it's about time we changed our Facebook relationship status, whatcha think?" Little did he know what he was getting himself into! Ha! Love you Boo Boo!


XOXO from hot and stormy N.C.--





3 comments:

  1. Love the candy bar idea w/ the 2 colors.....i especially like the cake cutter things....i love how everything is beach themed!!! can't wait to see it all come together!! how exciting!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum-o! bring some favors back to Alaska! :) can't wait to see all the pictures, you're planning a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good ashley! can't wait 2 c pics of your great day!

    ReplyDelete