Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

3 Months

Paislee Marie, you are 3 months old today! Time is going by so fast, and it makes me sad!

You are growing so fast! You weigh 14 lbs. 8 oz. and you are ~24 in. long (you're a wiggle worm, and hard to measure!). You are almost completely out of your 0-3 month clothes, and are wearing mostly 3-6 months now. Before long you will have grown out of them too :o( You are wearing size 2 diapers. Your feet are smaller than a size 1, so you aren't wearing shoes yet :o)

You are finally on a pretty good schedule. You wake up between 8-9 every morning. While I have breakfast, you play on your play mat and watch the Disney Channel. Most mornings I get to eat my bowl of cereal without you in my hands :o) You play for about an hour, usually doing tummy time and sitting in your Bumbo seat during this time as well. After about an hour, hour and a half at MOST, you are ready for your morning nap! You usually sleep for 2-3 hours, sometimes in your swing so I can get some things done, most of the time in my arms because you are a diva and wake up every time I try to put you down! Eventually, I give up and rock you the whole time. If you DO take a nap in your swing, I have to be moving around where you can hear and see me if you wake up or you will wake up and throw a fit! You like to listen to music while you sleep, and you like to hear me busy doing things in the kitchen--if it gets too quiet, you wake up! After you wake up and eat, we play again for a couple of hours and then you are ready for your afternoon nap, usually around 1-2, when Daddy is coming home. I hand you off to him and I get my shower and do laundry, dishes, and start dinner. One thing that almost never changes is your bath time. We try to do it at seven o'clock every night, or as close to seven as possible or you get allllll messed up! You LOVE bath time, and I don't think you would accept going to bed without it--I'm too scared to try! After your bath, we read 'Goodnight Moon' and then I feed you and rock you to sleep. On a good night you are asleep by 8:30, on a bad night you might not go to sleep until 10:30 or later. This is why we make sure to stay on schedule with your bath, you get mad if we don't :o) Diva. Sweet girl :o). You aren't sleeping through the night yet, but I don't mind. You wake up 1-2 times a night to eat, but you go right back to sleep. You were sleeping in your crib last week. You slept in there three nights in a row, and then you started feeling bad and came down with a yucky cold, so we let you back in the bed with us. But once you get better--you're getting back in your crib little miss!

Looks like you're going to be a big talker like your mama! You have started babbling a LOT lately, and we love to listen to you and get you on video! You like to mimic us, and watch our faces too! You are sitting with support, and like to sit on our knee's and watch television. You are getting very close to rolling over from your stomach to your back, and you are finally reaching for the toys that hang from your play mat. You will hold a rattle for a few seconds and you will shake it too, but we have to put it in your hand and wrap your fingers around it :o)

You are getting better at pooping! Remember when we had to use suppositories and prune juice? Now you poop on your own, 1-2 times a week! I know, it doesn't sound like much but you are going on your own and we are happy about it! We still get excited every time you poop, and it's always a joint effort when daddy is home. I guess we just want to see poop!

You have had your first cold since last Monday :o( We took you to the doctor last Thursday, she checked you out, and tested you for RSV--it was negative--and just sent you home to ride it out for the next 10-14 days :o( We were having to wake up every night in the middle of the night to spray saline spray up your nose and suction your boogies out, but I read somewhere that breast milk would work just as well--so for the past 2 nights I've been putting drops of milk in your nose and it seems like it works much better, you don't scream as loud, AND you seem to be getting better :o) I hate seeing you sick, it's pitiful--never get sick again!

This next month of your life is going to fly by faster than the others because we are going to be busy busy busy! You get to meet your family--finally! They are so excited to meet you, and I am so excited for them to meet you :o) You're going to have to stop growing so fast so they can hold you when we get there!

You take up lots and lots of our time--all of our time really, but we wouldn't change it for the world! See how I have only done 2 blog posts since your last birthday? By the way, this post has been a work in progress for the past 2 days, I have to blog a little here and there when I can!

We love you very much little girl! You bring so much happiness and love to our lives, and we don't know what we would do without you!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment