Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Paula Deen is my homegirl...

Since I made it a goal of mine to post more this year, and have found myself running out of interesting things to post about (I know, already), I decided to share one of our favorite recipes. Before I found this recipe I had never planned on even attempting to make fried chicken.Ever. But when your husband wants it, duty calls. So one day a few weeks ago, duty called from work wanting fried chicken for dinner, so I get my google fingers on and start looking for recipes, because I don't attempt fried foods, so I didn't have a recipe. I tried to cook fried pork chops once and it didn't work, so I've been scared of fried foods ever since. (I think it's because you have to use flour....I have found that ANY recipe that calls for flour usually gets tossed because me and flour don't get along. I don't know why). Anyways, when I came across Paula Deen's recipe for Southern Fried Chicken, I knew this was 'the one' since her recipes never fail to amaze me (or haven't so far), and she also says 'Ya'll' , so I know she knows how to make it like we like it :o) It's really basic, really easy and REALLY YUMMY--especially when you have a sweet husband that enjoys using the Fry Daddy to fry it up!
Ingredients:
-3 Eggs
-1/3 c. water
-1 c. Texas Pete (or your preferred hot sauce, if your from the South it will be Texas Pete)

Mix Eggs and water with a mixer, add Texas Pete and stir until blended. Your mixture should be orange.

Mix 2 c. of self-rising flour with a tsp. of pepper.

Season chicken with Paula Deen's house seasoning:
-1 c. salt
-1 c. black pepper
-1 c. garlic powder
DO NOT use all of this to season your chicken. Mix all of this together and put it in a container to use in the future, just sprinkle this pre-mixed seasoning on your chicken to your liking. If you cook pretty much anything 'Paula Deen' you WILL use this house seasoning again so it won't be a waste. If not, calculate on your own time how much you need just for this recipe--I'm no math whiz :o)
Dip the chicken in the egg wash, then coat with flour.
Fry in oil heated to 350 degrees.
Dark meat should take 13-14 minutes to cook, white meat should only take 8-10.


One word is all I need to describe this meal.....


YUM-O!
We had fried squash and collards with this, and Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding for dessert..I'll save that for another day :o)

XOXO from cold but smelling more like the south (at least in the Mozingo kitchen!),

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy-I really need to start cooking more! btw, love the cookbook stand! wonder where you got that? haha!

    ReplyDelete