Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A day at the park

Well, really it was five minutes. I decided that I might as well start taking baby steps to get over the fear of my five month old. Yesterday, we went to the UPS store to send a package--success, and today we took a walk around our neighborhood and went to the playground to swing. She was a little small for it, so I took her out to swing in the big swing with me, then tried the baby swing one more time....


Not so much this time. This is the first time I have actually seen fear in her eyes, and not just her being a brat and wining because it wasn't what she wanted. Maybe she will do better next time:0) After that I decided to leave, and thank God because on the walk home it started to rain. Luckily she had a hood on her outfit but you should have seen the hot mess running on the sidewalk, in flip flops, in the rain, pushing her stroller. Hence the reason we never do anything--everything is harder when you have another person to take care of besides yourself :0) we will try again tomorrow though, I can't lock us up in the house for the rest of our lives because I'm scared!







2 comments:

  1. I am sure you did great- you will get used to it before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! I remember when Grace was 4 months old Vanessa came over to my house and forced me to take her to Mighty Mites b/c she said we had to get OUT! :) 4 days later Grace had her first cold! Haha I vowed never to go out again :) In the beginning I carried around a diaper bag plus a bag of toys and a bag of food, I must have looked ridiculous! ha... you'll get the hang of it! You're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete