Pages

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baby on the way...

Well folks, I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying--I THINK THIS IS IT!

We went to the Dr. today, and my blood pressure was still up. Other than that everything looked okay, but she seemed to be really concerned about it and said that she didn't like it at all. So she sent me to the hospital for another non-stress test--for those who don't know what that is, they just hook you up to monitors for half an hour and monitor the baby's movement and heartbeat, and also any contractions that you may or may not be having. It places no stress on the baby, it just checks on her to make sure that SHE is okay. Anyways, she said the baby looked good, but wanted to try another dose of Cytotec to try and ripen my cervix. The last dose that I got on Thursday hadn't done anything, so she said we would try again, and then I could come in tomorrow morning for another dose. At this point with my blood pressure on the rise, she doesn't want to risk any complications or risk me having to be airlifted to Anchorage for an emergency. SO, she wants to induce, but doesn't want to start Pitocin which will bring on contractions, without my cervix being on the same level and ready to go.

Anyways, after lying in the hospital for 2 hours waiting for the Cytotec to dissolve, the nurse came in and said that I had been having contractions that were less than five minutes apart, but I hadn't been feeling anything. She called my doctor, who said to send me home and if I have any signs of labor to come back in--if not, come back tonight at 10 for another dose of Cytotec.

Sorry that's just a quick and probably confusing run through of what is going on, but I wanted to post this so if anyone has any questions about what has happened up to this point, I can send them here, since its a lot to try to explain through a text :o) The nurse said at this point they hope to see a baby within 48 hours! Fingers crossed and prayers greatly appreciated!

XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment